Saturday, January 21, 2023

Lego is Lego Right?

So this week during my genius hour I had to set the ground work moving forward. First I had to make sure my sister and nephew Christian were both on board with my new Lego building venture, this was not a very hard task as my nephew was very overjoyed with the idea. Then came the hard part, decisions on what would we build?

Having not really paid any attention to Lego in many years I didn't realize how many versions of the classic building block toy there was. So Christian and I, sat on on the couch and scrolled through Lego.com looking at various movie/TV show themed sets. We eventually concluded that building vehicles would be the easier to display and more fun to play with later, as an automotive technician I was not going to turn that down! Upon filtering through various vehicles, we realized Lego now has many different levels of difficulty and also various types of block systems. Since Christian has never worked with the Lego "Technic" type of block system and it seems a like a higher difficulty level, we decided to test our limits. In this line up we discovered a group of "Monster Jam" monster trucks which can each be built into two different models and come with a pull back motor, to add even more of a fun factor once we are finished building. This group of trucks consists of 6, with all versions consisting of over 200pcs, so it should fit into my criteria perfectly. I ordered a bonus pack version that included 4 of the 6 figures! But now we wait for next weeks hour to start our building venture.



Stay tunned to see which one we will start off with!

https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/technic?icmp=HP-SHQL-Standard-TC_QL_42123_HP-TH-TC-F7TJMNSKCR

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Possibly my Final Post but Certainly Not our Final Build!

Our most recent build of “El Toro Loco” went the most smoothly of all our previous builds. I found Christian now more engaged and excited to...